There truly is no better plan for travel in a motorhome hire New Zealand than to travel around the country in search of beautiful locations and fascinating destinations. It’s a land that is full of incredible landscapes, a lot of history, and amazing local culture.
As you travel through the country in your motorhome hire New Zealand, don’t hesitate to take your time. There are beautiful places that deserve your attention and that you’ll want to get to know with as much time as possible.
One such place is Tauranga. This coastal destination is as unique as they come and full of things to do and fun to be had. Whether you’re traveling with your kids and family or traveling on your own, you don’t want to miss out on experiencing some of the great things about this beautiful New Zealand destination. For example, you shouldn’t:
- Miss out on enjoying Wai-O-Tapu. One thing that you’ll want to enjoy in New Zealand are the geothermal wonderlands spread throughout this small yet fascinating country. Fortunately for those visiting Tauranga, there is Waiotapu, an active geothermal area where you can enjoy soaking in sulfur mud baths and appreciate the colorful landscape in this area. There are also geysers to be admired, making it a must for those who want to appreciate the uniqueness of the geothermal activity in Wai-O-Tapu.
- Miss out on taking some time to fish at Tauranga Harbour. Do you like fishing? You’ll love spending time in the Tauranga Harbour, which is well-known for being a fabulous destination for those who love to catch a plethora of fish. Kahawai, kingfish, blue cod, and snappers are just a few of the species that you may be able to have the opportunity to catch when “going fishing” in the Tauranga Harbour area. Plus, the area is beautiful around these parts, making fishing a very enjoyable experience at Tauranga Harbour.
- Miss out on going with your kids to Waimarino Adventure Park. Do you want to enjoy a day of being out on the water? If you’re traveling with older kids, this could be the perfect activity for you all to enjoy while in the Tauranga area. From glow-worm kayaking tours to leisurely kayaking activities, it’s the destination for those who love being in the outdoors and on the water. You can be sure to enjoy this experience, whether you’re a sole traveler or road tripping with your family or significant other.
- Miss walking up Mount Maunganui. You don’t need to be in incredible shape or have tons of hiking experience to get to the top of Mount Maunganui but you do need a desire to visit one of the most iconic spots in the Tauranga area. It will require some effort so if you do have some disability, you may want to check if you’re able to get to the top if your mobility is affected in any way. It’s definitely worth your efforts though because when you get to the top, you’ll be able to enjoy a view of the ocean and coastline down below. If you’re all about those photo-ops for your social media, you can be sure that this is the perfect spot to catch a sunset view.
- Miss out on surfing at the Mount Maunganui area. Whether you’ve been surfing all of your life or you’re hoping to learn how while visiting New Zealand, the Mount Maunganui destination in Tauranga is yet another thing that you don’t want to miss out on when visiting this part of New Zealand. With a great beach break near the mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to surf or learn surfing with the views of the volcano right in front of you. For the beginner, there are plenty of surf schools in the area for you to choose from. You’ll be sure to return home with some surfing experience under your belt.
Tauranga may not be as talked about as other places in New Zealand like Rotorua or Christchurch but it’s definitely a place that you want to visit. With the options of water activities and fun in the sun and the beauty of the geothermal landscapes and Mount Maunganui, it’s both a beautiful location and a fun one. It’s a destination that can be described as anything but boring and one that you’ll want to visit when in New Zealand.
As you set about planning your trip in a motorhome hire New Zealand, make sure to set aside more than a few days to enjoy Tauranga. You don’t want to visit this beautiful destination only to rush through each and every activity. From surfing to hiking to simply relaxing in hot springs, there is so much to do and you want to have the time to do it.